As an owner of a trucking company, you can expect plenty of regular trailer maintenance and repair. Even driving on freeways takes its toll on your trailers, let alone dealing with gravel, dirt, road debris and steep inclines. Keeping your vehicles in great shape is not only important for safety—it’s also just good business. The better shape you keep your trailers, the less downtime you’ll experience. That cuts into your bottom line and makes it harder to keep your business running. Keep the number of a great trailer repair service handy in Bellefonte, PA.
Here are some of the most common trailer repair projects:
- Pneumatic repairs: Your trailer’s pneumatic system encompasses the valves, brakes, air hoses and more. Leaks can develop with regular wear and tear, especially if anyone glosses over pre-trip inspections. Your mechanic will use diagnostic tools to determine where there might be problems, how severe they are and how to fix them. Then they’ll replace any worn-out parts and make sure your pneumatic system is safe, functioning properly and able to handle the rigors of the road.
- Exterior repairs: Although not always a safety issue, your trailer’s exterior does matter. Having well-maintained trailers reflects well on your business, so when rocks and other road debris batter your trailer exterior, many owners are eager to get that damage repaired as soon as possible. Take your trailer into the shop to have it evaluated for cosmetic damage, dents, cracks and other issues that could affect your trailer’s appearance and performance.
- Electrical repairs: Problems with brake lights, turn signals and other electrical issues crop up often. Electrical issues are safety issues, so if you notice that your lights aren’t working or they seem dimmer than normal, be sure to bring your vehicle in right away. You wouldn’t want malfunctioning lights to be the cause of an accident.
- Suspension repairs: Trailer suspension can be affected by a number of different road conditions, from driving over debris in the road to navigating uneven pavement. If you notice that the trailer is pulling to one side while driving, or it seems like one side is higher than the other, you need to get the suspension inspected as soon as possible. This will help prevent uneven tire wear or poorly distributed weight.
- Miscellaneous repairs: There are plenty of other things that can fall apart—from your brakes to the doors, there are numerous moving parts that will eventually break down over time. Your local trailer repair service in Bellefonte, PA can make sure that your trailer is functioning properly, no matter what part seems to be going out.
Keeping your trailers in good shape is not only important for your drivers’ safety as well as everyone on the road, but it also inspires confidence in your company.
For affordable, reliable and expert trailer repair, work with S & R Repairs Towing & Recovery Inc. No matter what the size and scope of your repair project may be, we can help. Reach out to us today to schedule an appointment.
Categorised in: Trailer Repair