Towing companies seem to come a dime a dozen these days. Anyone with a tow truck and a little bit of experience seems to think they’re capable of running a towing operation. Unfortunately, that’s not the case, and choosing the wrong person or company when you need towing in Centre County, PA can lead to disaster. Continue reading to learn how to choose a qualified towing service to meet your needs:
- Reputation: Go on websites like Angie’s List to find a towing service with a four- or five-star rating. It’s safe to assume that if previous customers have had a good experience with the company, then you will, too.
- License and insurance: Before you agree to work with a towing service, check to ensure they’re both licensed and insured. Licenses from the state and federal government prove that they’re a reputable business, and having insurance helps if there are any mishaps along the way. Don’t just take their word for it, either—ask for proof of their credentials.
- Towing equipment:A tow truck that’s used to tow a sedan probably can’t be used to tow a large pickup truck. When you call the towing company for assistance, be sure that they have the right-sized truck to tow your vehicle. If the towing company doesn’t have a truck that’s large enough, hang up and move on to the next company on your list.
- Proximity:When it comes to towing in Centre County, PA, the closer the company, the better. Obviously, a closer towing service can arrive at your location faster than a service that’s located farther away. Additionally, choosing a company that’s closer to your current location will save on any mileage charges they impose.
- Payment options:Speaking of charges, double-check that the towing company in question accepts several methods of payment. If it’s a cash-only service and you only have cards, that’s going to be a problem. A company that doesn’t accept cards or checks may also be a red flag that they’re less than reputable.
- 24-hour assistance:A towing company that’s only open during regular business hours can’t help if you have a breakdown in the middle of the night. If you’re planning ahead and trying to find a towing service before an emergency happens, try to find one that’s available 24/7.
- Repair and maintenance services:If you can, we recommend choosing a towing company that also offers maintenance and repair services. Hiring a towing service that can also fix your broken-down vehicle saves you a ton of hassle and can be less expensive than taking it to an auto repair shop.
We’re the team for the job!
For the fastest and most reliable towing in Centre County, PA, call our professionals at S & R Repairs Towing & Recovery Inc. Along with checking all the boxes mentioned above, we offer a variety of other services in addition to our top-notch towing capabilities. From 24-hour roadside assistance to repairs, maintenance and inspections, we can do it all! Get in touch to schedule service.
Categorised in: Towing