Knowing what to do when your car breaks down is just as important as knowing how to operate a vehicle in the first place. This post will explain what to do when you’re stranded on the side of the road and who you should call for roadside assistance in Centre County, PA:
- Pull off the road: As soon as you notice something is amiss with your vehicle, pull over to the side of the road. Continuing to drive when there’s an issue with your car will only make the problem worse, and it could even put your safety in jeopardy.
- Note your vehicle’s location: You’ll need to call a tow truck to get your car to the shop, but that won’t help if the truck driver doesn’t know where you are! If you can’t see any street signs, try to note any landmarks, restaurants or gas stations that could help the tow truck operator find you.
- Call a towing service: Now that you’ve noted your location, dial a reputable towing company to get you to a repair shop. You don’t have to hire the first company you call. If it’s an option, we recommend calling a few different places and hiring the service that can get to you the fastest.
- Set out road flares: The biggest danger for a broken-down car is being hit by another vehicle, especially at night or during a storm when it’s difficult to see. You can help ensure other drivers are able to see you by putting flares behind your car.
- Stay in your vehicle: Once the flares are out, hop back in your car and stay put until help arrives. You’ll be much safer and much more comfortable in your car than standing outside.
What to look for in a towing service
Don’t just call anyone with a tow truck when you need roadside assistance in Centre County, PA. Instead, look for these qualities in a towing service:
- Fast response time: As mentioned above, try to find a towing service company that can get to you as soon as possible. The quicker your tow truck can come, the sooner you’ll be able to have your car fixed and get along with your day. When you hire our drivers, you can rest easy knowing that we’ll be on the scene as soon as we can!
- Heavy-duty equipment: Not all tow trucks are created equal. Some aren’t big enough to tow large trucks or SUVs. When talking to the towing company on the phone, be sure to tell them your vehicle’s make and model so they send out the right kind of truck. At S & R Repairs Towing & Recovery Inc., our tow trucks can handle any size car, truck or SUV.
- Reasonable prices: You don’t want to overpay for a towing service, especially if the repairs will be costly. Get an estimate before agreeing to work with a towing service so you know how much you’ll owe. We’re pleased to provide reliable towing services at competitive and fair rates.
If you want a towing service that checks all of the marks above, be sure to call S & R Repairs Towing & Recovery Inc. when you need roadside assistance in Centre County, PA! We arrive quickly and can tow your vehicle anywhere you need to go.
Categorised in: Roadside Assistance