As a responsible vehicle owner, you take your car to the auto shop for regular oil changes and inspections, drive safely and retain an updated auto insurance policy. But no matter how responsible you are, your vehicle can experience a breakdown without warning, and sometimes it happens at the most inconvenient time and place. If your car does break down, you need to get it towed to a mechanic’s shop for an evaluation. Calling to have a tow truck help you can be costly, but luckily, there are some ways to save some money.
If you own a vehicle, then the following information is for you. Below are a few ways to save money when you need tow truck service in Centre County, PA:
- Call your auto insurance company: Any reputable auto insurance company will include (or at least offer) a roadside assistance feature to their clients. For a small amount of money, you can add vehicle breakdown coverage. Your coverage offering is based on a few things, such as where you live, the type of vehicle you drive and (oftentimes) your driving record. If you have collision insurance, you might be able to add towing services to your plan. Call or go to your online account to update this section of your coverage/plan.
- Refer to your vehicle’s warranty: Many brand-new vehicles and some used vehicles purchased from dealers come with a warranty that may cover roadside assistance. Coverage will vary, but most warranties are there to get you out of small jams, like auto lockouts, running out of gas or needing a tow truck. Keep in mind that an automaker’s warranty may only get you to the nearest dealership.
- Check your credit card benefits: A number of reputable credit card companies have started offering added benefits for customers, such as complimentary roadside assistance. This is fantastic, because you won’t be out a chunk of cash if your car breaks down on the side of the road. If your credit card offers tow truck services as an added benefit, it’s worth finding out how many times you can use it before you do have to start paying out of pocket.
- Check with your cell phone provider: Here’s something you may not be aware of: roadside assistance from your wireless service provider. For a small monthly fee, some offer towing with distance limits, auto locksmith assistance, flat tire changes and gas delivery service. Most major cell carriers offer this service, but some smaller companies do too.
- Look into auto clubs: Another option to help you save money on tow service costs is to join an auto club like AAA. Many auto clubs do require a monthly or annual membership fee, but you get a range of auto services—including tow coverage—that may come in handy later on down the road.
If you ever find yourself in need of a fast and reliable tow truck service in Centre County, PA, look no further than S & R Repairs Towing & Recovery Inc. We’re proud to offer a range of towing services for all types of vehicles!
Categorised in: Towing