Vehicles are designed to operate under extreme circumstances, including stormy weather, high temperatures and rough road conditions, but every vehicle has a breaking point. At some point or another, you are likely to find yourself stuck and in need of roadside assistance in Centre County, PA. If you’ve never had to call for roadside assistance, though, you might not know what to expect from this service. Read on to find out more about the specifics of roadside assistance and what a towing company can offer you in an emergency:
- Jump starting: A dead battery is often the issue behind a vehicle breakdown and, in many cases, all drivers need is a jump start to get back on the road again. A towing company can provide this service in just a few minutes. After receiving a jump start, you might need to invest in battery replacement, but this depends on the age and condition of your battery and what caused it to lose its charge.
- Towing: If your vehicle has broken down and you have no immediate solution to get it back on the road, you will need towing services. A tow truck will come to your location, load your vehicle and transport it to their tow lot or directly to a repair shop, depending on where you break down, what time you break down and what your preferences may be. If you’re driving a large, heavy vehicle like an RV, you will need to contact a towing company that specializes in heavy-duty towing services.
- Refueling: Another common reason why vehicles end up broken down on the side of the road is because they run out of fuel. Whether you simply lost track of the amount of gas left in your tank or your indicator is on the fritz, you might find yourself in the middle of nowhere without any fuel. A provider of roadside assistance in Centre County, PA can refill your tank with enough fuel so you can make it to a service station and gas up before continuing your trip.
- Vehicle recovery: If you were involved in an accident or veered off the road, you might need vehicle recovery service. Towing companies may send multiple vehicles out for this job, depending on where the vehicle is located and how stuck it is.
- Tire changing: Even if you have the equipment necessary to change your tire on your own, it might not be safe to do so depending on where your car has broken down. Roadside assistance companies have the hazard supplies needed to change your tire safely, including flares, triangles and personal protective equipment. They can change your tire for you so you don’t have to risk your safety if road visibility is low or traffic is heavy.
Call for roadside assistance in Centre County, PA
You can learn more about roadside assistance in Centre County, PA by reaching out to S & R Repairs Towing & Recovery Inc. Our team has been serving customers since 1982, and we continue to hold a strong reputation for the quality of our services. Reach out to us today to learn more or get help with your vehicle!
Categorised in: Roadside Assistance