Nothing on your vehicle lasts forever. Sadly, this even applies to your brakes—your brake system will undoubtedly start to fail after a while, which means that you’re a danger to yourself and everyone else on the road. This post will cover a few of the signs that your brakes are going bad, and why it’s so important that you bring your car in for brake service in Centre County, PA sooner rather than later.
Signs that your brakes are failing
If there’s one good thing about brake failure, it’s the fact that your brakes don’t just stop working all of a sudden. Instead, they present a number of signs that they’re about to fail. Here are a few of those signs:
- No response: The number one sign that your brakes need to be replaced is if you press the pedal, yet nothing happens, and your car doesn’t slow down or stop. If this happens to you, pull off to the side of the road and call a tow service for help immediately.
- Slow response: Before your brakes go out altogether, they’ll usually have a slower response time, meaning it takes longer for your car to slow down, or you’ll need to press the pedal down harder to elicit a response. In either case, you’ll need to bring it to a brake shop for inspection and replacement.
- Screeching: You’ve certainly heard cars driving down the street that put off a loud screeching noise when the driver slows down. This isn’t just annoying—it’s a sign that the brakes need to be replaced. That screech won’t go away until you have a professional replace your brakes.
- Pulling: Brake pads often don’t wear down evenly. Instead, one will wear down faster than the others, which means that your car will pull to one side when you apply the brake. We recommend bringing your car to our brake shop for an inspection as soon as you notice this happening.
Reasons to have your brakes changed now
The tendency to put chores and tasks off until tomorrow is a common problem for a lot of us. However, brake problems need to be addressed today! The points below are just a few of the reasons why:
- Avoid accidents and injuries: Properly functioning brakes go a long way in preventing accidents and protecting everyone on the road. Be sure that your brakes are responsive, and you can rest easy knowing that you’re as safe as possible while you’re driving.
- Prevent further damage: Bad brakes don’t just put you in danger—they put your car in danger as well. As brake pads get worse and worse, they cause problems with the rotors, calipers, tires and even your suspension system. The good news is that swapping out those brake pads avoids all of those issues.
- Save money: None of this damage will be cheap to fix. Replace your brakes now, and you could save yourself hundreds of dollars by avoiding those expensive repairs mentioned above.
Don’t drive on those bad brakes for one more day! Bring your car down to our shop for brake service in Centre County, PA as soon as possible. Between our fast service and low prices, nobody can top S & R Repairs Towing & Recovery Inc.
Categorised in: Uncategorized