If you’re having some mechanical problems with your vehicle or you suddenly find yourself stranded on the highway, you can benefit from hiring a towing service to come out and get your vehicle to a shop or a junkyard, depending on its condition.
Here are just a few of the biggest benefits of hiring a towing service in Centre County, PA when your car breaks down:
- You can avoid accidents: Many people who do not call towing services attempt to pullthe vehicle themselves with a friend’s truck. However, if you do not hook the vehicle up properly, it could come loose, resulting in the car drifting off the road and striking other people’s property, trees or utility poles. It might even drift into another lane and hit another car, or at least block the road. Therefore, it’s sensible to call a towing service to make sure the job is completed safely without any damage or inconvenience to anyone else in the area.
- You’ll avoid damaging a friend’s vehicle: Again, the only other option is to have a friend come in with their vehicle to attempt to pull yours to safety. But if you don’t know what you’re doing with regard to connecting the vehicles to set up the tow, you could very easily cause some significant damage to the pulling car. You could pull off the bumper, or cause your vehicle to collide with the other one. Plus, it can be difficult to control a vehicle that’s pulling another car if you are not experienced in doing so.
- Avoid straining the engine of the towing car: It’s not just physical damage to the exterior of a towing vehicle you need to worry about. Using a vehicle that is technically too small to tow another vehicle will result in unnecessary engine strain, causing the engine to stall or even explode. The transmission could begin sliding as well, causing the need for some major repairs for which you’ll have to shell out a whole lot of cash.
- You’ll be safer: Professional towing services do not put your life at risk, and will protect your vehicle. There’s no need to worry about any of the above issues, as towing staff are skilled in their work and have all of the equipment needed to finish off the job as efficiently and safely as possible. Plus, these towing companies are insured, meaning you’re protected from financial liability should anything happen.
- You’ll be following the law: There are some areas in which it’s illegal to get your car off the road using something other than a professional tow truck, because you’d be putting yourself and others at risk. Therefore, in such situations you have no choice but to call in a professional to get the job done—and it’s a better option, anyway.
If you’re in need of a professional towing service in Centre County, PA, give S & R Repairs Towing & Recovery Inc. a call and we’ll be happy to come out and help you in your time of need.
Categorised in: Towing